Wednesday 14 August 2013

{ halifax etc. }

My MIL had a dentist appointment in the city the other day, so E and I tagged along to explore, have lunch and explore some more.


First stop was the public gardens. I don't think I even knew this existed in Halifax and I've been there a few times. It was absolutely beautiful and the perfect place for E to get out of the stroller and get some exercise. Oh, I should mention he now walks on his own (though it's not reflected in these photos).



We had lunch with my MIL and then we all went over to the Hydrostone Market which reminded me a lot of Europe.


There's a great store called Liquid Gold that sells tons of great olive oils, balsamic and wine vinegars among other epicurean delights. The best part is, you get to taste everything before you purchase. This trip, I settled on some Tunisian olive oil, basil infused olive oil and strawberry balsamic vinegar. 


Our time in Chance Harbour is coming to a close. Next up, we're off to the Annapolis Valley for a wedding. I met up with the bride in Halifax this week and spent some time today sewing some bunting for her picnic wedding on the shore.


Going to miss the view of the ocean every day and watching the sun set over it at night.



1 comment:

  1. I love the photo of the Public Gardens and I don't live too far from the Hydrostone Market. I hope you enjoyed your visit

    ReplyDelete