Thursday 4 April 2013

{ spring is springing }

I can't say it has sprung yet because this is Canada and sometimes, even though the flowers have started to show their pretty little blossoms, a frost can come along. But spring is in the process of springing. I found these in my garden and, this being our first spring in our new home, they were a pleasant surprise. Can't wait to see what else pops up!



Because it was such a lovely day, it was the perfect day to meet up with my friend C for a trip to the beaches. We had lunch at Il Fornello and I'm kicking myself for not taking photos of the pizza we had. Then wandered west, stopping in some great shops, including Nesters, Pied a Terre and Love the Design. We also indulged in a treat at Bobbette & Belle...chocolat chaud!



Bobbette & Belle is such a beautiful retail space...



I love the gallery walls of antique china plates. Such a simple idea but so effective and eclectic.


They have the most stunning display of cakes I've ever seen (and the photo below only captures one portion of the display)! Almost too pretty to eat...almost...


C bought some yummy looking cupcakes to go and I have a feeling they won't last long. They look delicious.


Such a nice way to spend a spring afternoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment