Monday 13 May 2013

{ mother's day }

Yesterday was my first mother's day and D and E had some lovely surprises up their sleeves for me, including:

Finger painted artwork by E (with a little help from D). I'm going to put these on display on this shelf we have along the staircase to the basement.



Gluten free belgian waffles which D picked up as take-out from Starving Artist and we added our own toppings to them. A little peaches and whipped cream and a little bacon, whipped cream and maple syrup.



We spent the day picking up some groceries, buying a deck box to store outdoor cushions in and watching Howl's Moving Castle while E napped.



For dessert, D picked up a Louis XIV from Patisserie la cigogne. It was beyond delicious and almost too beautiful to eat...almost.

While I didn't get to see my own mom, I will see her next weekend as we say farewell to our family cottage which just sold 4 days ago and will belong to someone else in less than 2 weeks :( I'll have to start saving my pennies (or nickels since the penny will soon be extinct) so that we can buy our own family cottage some day.

Back to the topic of Mother's Day, it was a wonderful day and a relaxing weekend. I am loving this motherhood thing and all the time I get to spend with my little E while I'm off work.

No comments:

Post a Comment