Thursday 1 August 2013

{ summer so far }

To say this summer has been busy would be the understatement of the year!

We worked with a consultant to find a nanny to share with a friend until E goes to daycare in January (when he's 18 months). It took a bit longer than expected when the candidate we wanted to hire found withdrew her application because she found out she and her husband were expecting a baby themselves. We were, of course, delighted for them but then had to begin our search again. But we've now found someone really great.

Construction has been completed on our shed!



We absolutely love it. Now we're just working on the interior and the doors need to be painted but we'll likely work on the doors in the spring.

We celebrated E's first b-day - it's hard to believe a year has gone by already!

I made a pennant banner thanks to this printable I found.



We just had a simple BBQ of burgers and salads after some appetizers.


I also printed a photo for each month of the year and hung them from a tree in the backyard for people to have a look at.



A friend loaned me this awesome sun shade for the kids to play in.


I wish I'd had a chance to do this before the party...I power washed the deck and the transformation is amazing! Here's a "during" shot.



Apart from all that, we also attended my family reunion, saw the Wizard of Oz and spent time with friends and family. 

Looking forward to the rest of the summer and the rest of my maternity leave. I head back to work in 22 days...

No comments:

Post a Comment