Friday 22 March 2013

{ tea for two moms }

Yesterday, E and I were preparing to have another mom and her baby over for tea. I have been thinking a lot about D's and my trip to Paris (where we spent the second half of our honeymoon) a year and a half ago, so I thought I'd look up a French treat that is tea friendly.

Voila! I found this recipe for mini clafoutis. My substitution is that I'm using blueberries instead of cherries because I have some in the freezer. I'm also making it gluten free by using a gluten free all purpose flour mix and some xanthan gum. I also cut the sugar down from 3/4 cup to a 1/2 cup.



As E and I was making my way to the little supermarket around the corner for some eggs, my neighbour across the street who is also on mat leave let me know that if I'm ever mid-recipe and short on an ingredient, to give her a call - so nice! I told her she should certainly do the same. When we got back from our little excursion, I realized I was short on milk and had to call her up and take her up on her offer much sooner than I ever thought!


The mini clafoutis turned out great! A nice alternative to muffins. If you've never tried clafoutis, the best way I can describe it is that it's somewhere between the consistency of a pancake and a crepe. Bon appetit!

No comments:

Post a Comment